Thursday, February 18, 2010

Scarcity

Hi folks!

I know, I've been scarce. I haven't had a whole lot of anything to say lately. Well, actually, that's a lie. I've had plenty to say, but haven't had time to say it. Juggling a job, an internship, a full course-load, my personal life, and my health is tricky. Sometimes you have to prioritize, and Cheap Pizza has not been at the top of the list lately.

HOWEVER, that does not mean the internship world has been barren or empty. No, no, no. I'm shaking things up as best I can.

For starters, I was invited to be a guest on a podcast. That's a big deal, I squealed in excitement when I found out. As far as I know, it can be found here, although I might be lying...I really should find out for sure. Also, while we're recording on February 23rd, I'm not even sure when it's going public. I should look into that, as well. Anyways, apparently I'm going on to talk about the industry from a student's perspective.

I've also been going through binge-emailing sprees lately. The only way to get those internships/jobs/experiences is by pursuing them, and often the first step to it is contact. I just sent emails to six marketing/communications firms in the area. I know I probably won't get any hit backs, but you never know until you try.

Anyways, that's what's going on in the career-development world here. I'm trying desperately to survive the last few weeks of this term without losing my mind; I have two tests on Friday, three final projects due in two weeks, and a proposal for an independent study grant to work on. Things are HECTIC, but that's the life of a college student. (It's also a bit more hectic because we are on a tri-mester system, instead of semesters.)

Priorities. Figure them out. They can make the difference between wasting your time on a pet-project blog, and being the go-getter that will someday rock the career world.

I don't even know if this made sense or not. I'm going to go read about agricultural communications in digital media! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment