Monday, December 28, 2009

Recovery and Interviews

Christmas is over! When I was younger, I was always a little disappointed to see the big holiday drift off into the past, but this year, I'm relieved. I enjoyed it a lot, but it's nice to slip back into a less-stressful schedule. (I have another week of steady office hours before I dive back into the crazy life I keep up with at college.)

In unrelated news, I'm waiting to hear back on the date/time of an internship interview. This is exciting and uplifting, a fresh and encouraging sign after an especially stressful holiday. The major downside is that I have to commute four hours round-trip for the interview, but it's a small price to pay for the interview experience and the possibility of this internship!

Right now, I'm at a weird place where I'm enjoying the rest of my break while trying to prepare to move back to school. I'm both excited for and dreading the return to campus, since it's always a fight to try and adjust to a new schedule. I'm starting to learn the tricks to living the double-life of a professional AND college student. The old college slogan "Sleep, a social life, and good grades: pick 2" definitely seems to apply.

On the bright side, working in the office has adapted my sleeping pattern! A 7:30 start time for work is good training for the 8 a.m. classes I have 4 days a week starting on January 1st.

I hope everyone had a fulfilling, safe, and enjoyable holiday season. If I don't post again before then, I hope everyone has a great New Year! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment